So, in a bid to be the Fanciest Gentleman in all of Norwich (which is where I'm currently laying my head, for those of you not in the Loop) I journeyed up Stokeways to pick up some choice garments of mine. I also poked my head into Brum and Coventry briefly, for seminars and Mixed Things respectively. Also caught up with some folk I'd not seen since the start of summer, which is always nice. Things I have learned:
1) Lift of Brian looks like it's in safe hands. I had the opportunity to do some character work with the cast and they've engaged with the text in a very positive way already. Looking forward to the performances now. 22nd and 23rd at the Bedworth Arts Centre, boys and girls! Save the date!
2) According to industry writers, I am well on the way to finding gainful employment writing videogames. Which is encouraging, especially considering I've been invited down to London to schmooze with them at the next opportunity. Schmoozing!
3) Comedy nights are money in the bank. IN THE BANK, PEOPLE. Varsity Comedy was a big success, well done Webster for organising it and the acts for stepping up and being jolly funny.
4) My new more streamlined haircut is Pretty Cool.
5) I should try and be less of an obnoxious flirt, it is silly and makes me look silly.
6) Suggesting a game of Puerto Rico is a sub-optimal idea at 1.30am.
7) War and Peace is long, man. So long
. But I've got to keep at it. My dignity is at stake! More on this later, perhaps.
Aaanyway, I wrote a poem, and it's not specifically for the eyes of a Lady Friend, for the first time in a while. So I'd appreciate concrit if you have any to give. Or if you fancy heaping praise upon it, that's cool too. If you have horrific abuse to deposit I have a hotline for that, just hold down Alt and press the F4 key.( Cut for poetry. Also language, I guess.Collapse )